On August 30, 2015 I married my high school sweetheart on top of a mountain in San Diego. We invited 120 of our closest friends and family to take part in “Camp Hickerson.” It was the best experience of my life.
Three years before I got married I started my photography business. I was 19 and going to college in Arizona when I finally decided to take a leap of faith and pursue my dream career. In my first year as a wedding photographer, my work was published in two of the most prestigious wedding blogs: Green Wedding Shoes and Style Me Pretty. Over time I have met so many amazing clients that eventually become friends. And now that I have also been a bride, I feel like I have so much knowledge and joy to share!
10 TIDBITS ABOUT ME
1. My husband Sam and I have been together for almost 8 years. I knew I wanted to marry him when I was 17 years old.
2. I have two dogs I adopted while living in Flagstaff, AZ named Jackson and Lauren. I will also pet every dog I see.
3. My favorite things to do are go to the beach and get ice cream.
4. Friends & Gilmore Girls are always in my Netflix que.
5. I’m addicted to coffee. My go-to is usually The Coffee Bean but I’m happy to spend a morning at a local hole-in-the-wall.
6. My bucket list includes sky diving, bungee jumping & swimming with sharks (helloooo adrenaline junkie!)
7. If it were socially acceptable, I would be barefoot 99% of the time.
8. I sing and dance in my kitchen more often than I cook in it.
9. I love going on road trips with Sam and consider myself to be an excellent music-selecting, coffee-buying, “what if”-asking, co-pilot. Though its pretty guaranteed I will fall asleep thirty minutes in…
10. Sam and I are recently renovated a 1924 home (#thelittlecottageproject). It was a lot of work but so fun to see our vision come to life!
I value the relationships I build with my clients throughout the planning process more than anything. They let me into their story and share amazing ideas to make their wedding day unique. Occasionally all of that hard work gets recognized by a publication or industry award. I am proud to share a handful of those features here: